How to File to Terminate a Parent's Rights

File the Termination of Parental Rights Papers

To terminate a parent's rights, there are certain forms you must fill out and file with the court. You can find instructions and all the forms you need to file a termination of parental rights case in this section.

Read more ...

Serve the Termination Papers

After you file a termination of parental rights case, the next step is to make sure the other parent is “served” with the papers. The court does not serve the papers - it is up to you to make sure the papers are served!  Visit this section to learn how to have the parent served, who else to serve, and what to do if you do not know where to find the parent.

Read more ...