Filing Fees & Fee Waivers

Learn about the fees the court charges and how those fees might be waived for people who cannot afford them.


Filing Fees

When you file a document with the court, you may be required to pay a fee, known as a "filing fee." Whether you have to pay a fee – and the amount of fee you are required to pay – depends on what type of case you are starting or what type of document you are filing.

You can find a list of all the filing fees in the Clark County District Court on the Clerk's Filing Fee Chart.


Fee Waivers

If you cannot afford to pay the filing fee, you can file a written request to waive the filing fee. 

To request a fee waiver, fill out an application and an order to submit with your paperwork.  Turn all your papers in to the family court.  The court will file all your papers without a fee.  If your fee waiver request is denied, the court will require you to pay the fee later.


There is an automated interview available that will complete your fee waiver forms for you after answering some questions.  To use the automated interview, visit the District Court Fee Waiver site. 

At the end of the interview you will have to print your forms and then file them with the family court.

Application & Order to Waive Filing Fee (both documents in one pdf fillable form)

Application to Waive Filing Fee (pdf) 

Order to Waive Filing Fee (pdf)


If you are trying to waive the fee to file a Joint Petition for Divorce, BOTH SPOUSES must complete an application.  The court cannot review the request to waive the fee without both applications.

A few things to know about fee waivers:

  • Expiration:  If granted, a fee waiver is only good for one year.  If you need the court to waive additional filing fees after the order expires, you must reapply.  
  • What's waived: If your fee waiver is granted, you will not be charged to file documents. The costs for the sheriff to serve your documents are also waived. In the district court, there is no charge for available court interpreters. 
  • Denial: If your fee waiver application is denied, you cannot appeal it to a higher court.  You will have to pay the filing fee.

Fee Waivers for Transcripts/Videos 

If you are trying to get a copy of a video or a transcript from your hearing but cannot afford the fees, you can complete the following application and order to ask for a waiver of those costs.

Application & Order to Waive Video/Transcript Fee Fee (pdf fillable)

Application to Waive Filing Fee – Transcript / Video (pdf)

Order to Waive Filing Fee – Transcript / Video (pdf)