The Family Law Self-Help Center is currently closed to in-person assistance. Staff can assist by phone or email with yourClark County, Nevada family matter. Call us at 702-455-1500 or email us at For domestic violence protection orders, call the same number or email For e-filing help, call 702-455-4472 and press 9. To find other important information related to COVID-19 click here.


Filing for Divorce on Your Own

Filing the Divorce Papers

If you are ready to file for divorce but your spouse will not sign the divorce papers, you can file for divorce by yourself. You can find instructions and all the forms you need to open a divorce case in this section.

Read more ...

How to Serve the Divorce Papers

After you open a divorce case, the next step is to make sure your spouse is “served” with the divorce papers. It is up to you to make sure that your spouse is served. Visit this section to learn about how to have your spouse served, and what to do if you do not know where your spouse can be found.

Read more ...

Now What?

After your spouse is served with the divorce papers, you will have to wait and see what your spouse does before you know what your next step will be. You can learn about the possible next steps in this section.

Read more ...