The Family Law Self-Help Center is currently closed to in-person assistance. Staff can assist by phone or email with yourClark County, Nevada family matter. Call us at 702-455-1500 or email us at For domestic violence protection orders, call the same number or email For e-filing help, call 702-455-4472 and press 9. To find other important information related to COVID-19 click here.


Filing for Custody, Paternity & Child Support

Filing the Custody / Paternity Papers

If you want to get the court's help with paternity, custody, visitation, and child support matters, you can file a paternity or a child custody case. There are certain forms you must fill out and file with the court to open a case. You can find instructions and all the forms you need to open a paternity or custody case in this section.

Read more ...

How to Serve the Custody/Paternity Papers

After you open a custody or paternity case, the next step is to make sure the other parent is “served” with the papers. It is up to you to make sure that the other parent is served. Visit this section to learn about how to have the other parent served, and what to do if you do not know where the other parent can be found.

Read more ...

Now What?

After the other party is served, you will have to wait and see what the other person does before you know what your next step will be. You can learn about the possible next steps in this section.

Read more ...