Guardianship References, Resources & Links
Listed below are links to laws and other resources that relate to guardianship and may be helpful to your case:
- Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 159. These are the Nevada statutes about adult guardianship.
- Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 159A: These are the Nevada statutes about child guardianship
- Nevada Rules of Civil Procedure. These are the Nevada court rules that apply to all district courts in Nevada.
- Eighth Judicial District Court Rules. The rules in Part 5 apply to all family and guardianship cases in Clark County.
- Nevada Guardianship Compliance Office: This is the statewide office that provides oversight for all guardianship cases in Nevada.
- Foster Kinship. This program provides free support and information to anyone parenting a relative’s minor child in Clark County, NV. It includes a telephone helpline, support groups, educational groups, kinship family events, and access to the kinship center and emergency resources.
- Office of the Public Guardian. The Public Guardian can serve as the guardian when there are no eligible or suitable friends or family to act as the guardian. They also have a Representative Payee program that helps seniors manage their finances and pay monthly bills.
- Free Classes. Free classes are offered as a community service by Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada and the William S. Boyd School of Law, and Nevada Legal Services. Guardianship classes are available live in person and online.
For relatives taking care of minor children:
The Nevada Guardianship Compliance Office created the following guide for guardians over the estate in both English and Spanish.